Sunday, April 30, 2017

Round And Round

Running out of things to say
But so much has been left unsaid
Tired of life moving so fast
But I so don't want to be dead
Daydreaming has gotten old
But I still play them in my head

Pumping iron day and night
With my body and my mind
Trying to move so very fast
But I still feel left behind
Holding down the fast-forward
While still pressing the rewind

Living in the moment leaves
No point for plans or school
But living for the future leaves
No time to relax or cool
So how am I supposed to live?
Perhaps I am just a fool

Only the strong will survive
But the meek will inherit the earth
Only work will pay off
But I was given these genes at birth
If someday I will die
Then what is life really worth?

The fear of death, of nothingness
Has inspired many a great thing
The fear of being forgotten
Has inspired many a king
I try to fill the nothingness
But my words can't make it sing

Where will I go when I die?
Who is to say?
Many nations have afterlives
Did they just make them up to feel okay?
My soul will go on for eternity
Or maybe just a day

People are dying all the time
While others are being born
People are laughing and having fun
While others cry and mourn
So how can I know what to feel
Aside from feeling torn?

And so I go, round and round
Questions circle inside my head
I don't want to say anymore
But so much has been left unsaid
I don't want to wonder anymore
But I so don't want to be dead

2 comments: