Sunday, February 12, 2017

What I Am

I am
A teenage girl
Sitting here
Watching my life unfurl
A drama queen
An introvert
A no-nonsense
Little flirt

I am
An artist
Smiling face
Clenching fist
Blackened hands
From pencil lead
Scribled words
From my head

I am
My parent's daughter
Confident
And unsure
I have their strengths
And their faults
I have their love
And their vaults

I am
A dreamer
Dark worlds
Need a redeemer
Flitting thoughts
Need some ground
Silent worlds
Need some sound

I am
A sister
The worst pain
The best cure
A shoulder
A back hand
Head in the clouds
Feet mainly on land

I am
Little old me
Grown so much
Got years before I'm twenty
Dreaming big
Living small
Try to fly
Instead I fall

I am
A writer
A peace loving
Vicious fighter
A fun loving
Snooty snob
A loner
Worth a mob

I am
What I am
Like the rest
The black lamb
So very hard
I always try
And maybe, just maybe
This time I will fly

2 comments: