Sunday, January 15, 2017

Something To Believe In

My life
Is a tiresome routine
I go about my day
Saying things I don't mean
I go about my night
Wishing I could sleep
I go about the people
Wishing there was one worth trying to keep

My home
Is chipped and stained
By vicious tears
And smiles feigned
By faking friends
And thrown fists
By forgotten duties
And torn up lists

My world
Is full of dangers
People to avoid
And smiling strangers
Slithering snake
Circling fin
I want away from it all
I need something to believe in

My body
Is just trying to survive
I just want
To feel alive
Without any
Of life's pain
Without emotions
That I don't want to feign

My soul
Needs more
Than chips and stains
And slammed door
Than stifled cries
And regretted sin
I just need something
To believe in

My dreams
My hopes and fears
They stay hidden
Along with my tears
Why must they refuse
To come true?
Why can't I break
Away from you?

My prayer
If it be heard
Is to fly away
Like a beautiful bird
To have a home
With no stains
To have a life
With no pains

My life
Will be my own
I will make my way
That much is known
It won't be easy
Especially when I first begin
But I know I can do it
For I am the something I found to believe in

No comments:

Post a Comment