Sunday, October 23, 2016

Weak Link

So quiet
Too quiet
Can't hear myself think
There's a ringing
In my ears
That just won't shrink
I hold my tongue
For if I don't
I sink
I ruin
Everything
For I'm the weak link

There's a face
In the window
That is me
But I don't
Recognize it
For inside I look differently
I turn away
For I don't
Want to see
For when
I do
I'm filled with such vanity

People say
It's the inside
That's important
Yet still everyone tries
To fix their shells
With such intent
And no one cares
To fix their souls
It's all so bent
I know this yet still
I worry over my shell
And worry not when my morality is spent

I need
Outside noise
So my thoughts will shrink
In the silence
My thoughts are so loud
I can't think
I need to keep away
From my reflection
But I can't blink
In a world
Full of differences
Weakness is our link

There's beauty
To be found
In the simplest things
So much beauty
In a blossom
Yet we'd rather have rings
So much beauty
In a simple life
Yet we'd rather be kings
So much beauty
From time
Yet we cringe as the pendulum swings

We use makeup
To look younger
Or to look older
In our vanity
We yearn to grow
Bolder
But all it does
Is make us grow
Colder
For with such cover up
How can we show ourselves
And not simply shrug a shoulder?

Just enough noise now
To finally manage
To think
I break away momentarily
From my loud thoughts and
Insecurities that won't permanently shrink
I walk away from the glass
But still do not manage,
with my mind's eye, to blink
My last loud thought is -
Will we ever break the weak
And start a new, stronger link?

2 comments:

  1. Hiya!
    You are such a wonderful writer Celora. Every single piece of poetry you have shared has really struck me..
    Speak to you in a little while!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lauren! I always post with the hope that it will speak to someone, even if not to everyone, so I'm glad to know my efforts aren't wasted :)
      As always, I look forward to hearing from you

      Delete