Sunday, December 20, 2015

Lost

I'm screaming and not making a sound
Flying with my feet stuck on the ground
Staying but not hanging around
I am lost

I'm running and trapped in one place
Living a life full of disgrace
Lost without a trace
I am here

I'm wishing myself away
Not sure if I can find a yesterday
Right here I continue to stay
I am lost

You're listening and not hearing me
Screaming at myself to get free
Lost and trapped with no key
I am here

All I can do is disrupt
This world is so very corrupt
If I stay here I may erupt
I'm still lost

I know but I don't understand
I cower and smile at your hand
Lost forever in this wonderland
I'm still here

My heart is up for sale
Because alone all I can do is fail
Trapped here in my head with no bail
I'm still lost

I'm lost and cowering in fear
Trying not to let go of a single tear
But maybe I won't always be weak and mere
Because through it all I'm still here

3 comments: