Monday, October 5, 2015

Just Might

I've never liked to say goodbye
Because in the end I always cry
And I can't seem to get it through my head
That after all the tears that I have shed
There's still more goodbyes to be said

I've never liked to talk at all
Because my mouth just makes me fall
And after all the apologies I have made
For doing things that hadn't been okayed
I'm still unable to repent from not having stayed

I've never liked to fall asleep
Because the shadows in my room seem to creep
The wind howls through the air
Eyes all around seem to stare
And I wonder if in the morning I'll still be there

I've never liked to walk alone
Without any aid or phone
So I'll stay locked up tight
Surrounded by light
So I might not fear the night

I've never liked to make a friend
Because then I'm just wondering when it will end
Because I know the friend will go away
In a year or in a day
And when they do . . . it won't feel okay

But goodbyes must be said
Apologies must be bled
Sometimes we have to sleep
Out into the world we have to peep
And we often need a friend to help us take that leap

So I'll say hello, and later say goodbye
I'll ask for forgiveness and if not given I'll try not to cry
I'll do my best to sleep at night
I'll try my hardest not to give in to fright
And if someone who could be my friend comes along . . . I just might

No comments:

Post a Comment