Sunday, April 9, 2023

All But Wrecked

Why doth we go in circles
How might we get out
Answers falling silent
Tremors shaking us with doubt

I don't want your explanations
Forgotten excuses falling short
I don't want to argue
Tearing down every last retort 

Drowning now in sorrow 
Or something in between 
Emotions and apathy
Saying all but what I mean

Negating once again 
Our conflicting memories 
Tear and stitch the pieces 
Forgiving all but these -

Everlasting hurts 
Every moment of neglect 
Lost and out of sight 
Touched once and all but wrecked 

How might we ever get out
Endless circles we pursue 
Why can't I ever break free 
Absolve myself of you 

You who were supposed to hold me
I who was supposed to feel 
Tender love and affection 
Still making my appeal -

How do I ever get out
Only, why do I even stay
Untie all the tethers 
Leading me this way -
Don't, and allow all of life to fray 

1 comment:

  1. Another deep one I would say then I find that I have feet of clay oh maybe another way another day.

    ReplyDelete