Sunday, December 11, 2022

Absence

You'd be surprised at the result of doing nothing
At the results that nothingness can bring
Long after others may quit
We'll hold our breath through all of it

I'll stop and check my loosened laces 
Tie them tight and tighten their faces
I'll scrunch mine up into a mask
Toil away till I forget the task 

Spinning yarns and needling threads 
Piercing all the prickling thoughts in their heads
Pry them off and set them free
Hold them tight till they're a part of me

Wrap it up before too long
My pull is weak and words aren't strong 
Yet after everyone else forgets
We'll still cling to every thought that flits 

What is the result, in the end?
The nothingness day by day will blend 
Into hazy words to scrawl
And, oh, of course - into nothing at all

No comments:

Post a Comment