Sunday, September 4, 2022

365

It's all just days and days
They added up quite fast
It's all an ongoing attempt
To create something that will last

Something worth holding onto -
To be worth it to someone
Something to grow into
When it's all said and done

It's all just little moments
Adding up every day
It's all a futile attempt 
At finding the right words to say

Because words always fall flat
In comparison to 
The brightness in your eyes
And what I feel for you

It's all just chemicals
Bouncing around inside my head
It's all comfort and warmth
Filled with flames that we fed

Been burning for a year now
But that's silly, you know -
It started long before then
I just tried not to let it show

It's all just a choice
I've chosen you every day
It's all comfort and warmth
Knowing I wouldn't want it any other way

1 comment: