Sunday, August 7, 2022

I Alone

I wanted to be sincere 
I wanted to explain
But all the silver linings 
Don't cover all the pain

I can't catch my breath now
I can't control my head
All my thoughts circle
All my reason fled

Catch it if you can
Catch me if you dare
Wrap your arms around me
Watch my seams tear

Cinch them all together
Calloused hands do it well
Accosted by the world
All the pieces swell

I'll fall to pieces
I'll scatter in the wind
Everything is ash now
Each moment has thinned 

I wanted to explain
I wanted to be sincere 
But all that remains
Is I alone, standing here

2 comments:

  1. I thought that looking at your thoughts would make me glad but i see that it was designed to make me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Designed for you? I don't think so -
      Who are you anyway?
      They're for I alone, my selfish poems -
      Why do you care what they say?

      Delete