Friday, March 25, 2022

Hazarding Heptad

Reach for a new sheet of paper
For all the thoughts that weigh
Running out of ink now
Let's put all these words away

Seven years worth of them 
Sure adds up to a lot
Shape them all to form me
And everything I'm not

How to sort through them -
Stacked in pillars about my head
How to deny them -
All the words I ever bled

Sure adds up to a lot -
Dripping out of me everyday
Perhaps I'll take a sabbatical 
And clear all these cuts away

I've earned it now, you see
Seven years giving my best
I'm running out of words now
Seven years worth - how can I fill the rest?

Perhaps this is all I have -
Is there anything worth writing left inside of me?
I'm bound to run dry someday
It's just a question of when that'll be

Asking myself yearly -
What more can I possibly say?
I pick up my pen regardless
And give all my words away

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 7 years! What a feat!
    Great poem ❤

    ReplyDelete