Sunday, September 5, 2021

Melting Point

Each time the everlasting
Thought crosses my mind
Echoes pull me in for a moment
Reaching for something I cannot find

Nightly, monthly, yearly -
I'll slowly let the pattern fade
Twist it into something new
Yesterdays full of transitions that had to be made

Build atop the rubble
I'll make new castles in the air
Don a new perspective 
Shift my gaze and grow my hair

Take another breath, dear
Holding tight - let that go too
Ease your mind once more
Eternity shall always bid you -

To forget every little thing
Overly large though they felt
Feelings fade with time
Oxygen cycles and memories melt

Regurgitate each phrase
Grasp at smoke till you touch ground
Eternity makes nothing of everything 
Time obscures even the most renowned 

Dancing under fading stars
Evanescent moments sinking into my skin
Allow that I hold the ones that suit me
Right until nothingness must begin 

1 comment:

  1. Acrostic: Eternity bids thee to forget. I got it from a John Green book, but I think he was reworking a quote from Lord Byron - "Eternity forbids thee to forget"

    ReplyDelete