Sunday, January 31, 2021

Flurries

Just because I'm not sure - 
Already lost in the rain
I'll still attempt to be her

Land on my feet again
And hit the ground running

Failing always to be so stunning
Like one caught in a daze
Actions spinning round my head
Make up my mind when I am dead
Maybe it's all just a phase
Endings only spur the fire

And it's only right that this is so

Limits only strengthen desire -
Already prepared to watch you go
My soul is ablaze and it has a right to be
Etch it in your mind: you have no right to me

Etch it in your heart and watch it bleed
Take it away, I will go without

Just trying to lose the doubt
Etch it in my heart, make it my creed

Does it really have to go like this?
Or couldn't it be better?
It's all been a swing and a miss
Still feeling I've never met her

Life continues, again and again -
Always losing myself in the rain
Vast plethora's soaking me
Over my head, stuck in a daze
I'll watch my soul, still ablaze
Really, it has every right to be

2 comments:

  1. Acrostic: Jai la flamme a lame et je dois lavoir. Translates roughly to "My soul is ablaze and it has a right to be". Believe I got it from Jane Eyre

    ReplyDelete