Sunday, November 11, 2018

Eden

Reaching outward for
What lacks within
Old dreams smothering me
My head starts to spin
Speaking softly
Though I want to scream
Escape isn't possible
Outside of a dream

Creating problems
Where there were none
Outwardly reaching
Inside I run
Laughing though it
Brings me no joy
Onward march
Like a windup toy

Recent or not
The pain is still fresh
Echos of tears
Watch me as I thresh
Delicate beatings
Slight words of regret
Goodness didn't win
The challenge never met

Love never hurt me
For it never came at all
Always lacking something
I'm bound to always fall
Sensibility has shown itself
Not once since I was born
So between two fantasies
I am stretched and torn

Pulled apart over nothing
I cannot pull myself free
In a conscious state
Paradise eluded me
Incapable of finding Eden
I settled for a dream
Still speaking softly
Inside I scream

2 comments:

  1. DON'T WORRY about me
    I'M OKAY and fine
    Just notice her smile
    Don't look in her eyes

    I used the ice
    to soothe my pain
    I'll pay the price
    and play the game

    What could have been
    Without the cold
    No break from sin
    Just break the mold

    To free my heart
    Wounds from that knife
    Take it apart
    And restart...

    In rope around her neck she'll tie
    A fancy knot to halt her breath
    The pain is great and she can't cry
    To end the hurt, she welcomes...

    If the body does get found
    Cut the knot and let it down
    Hide the corpse within the ground
    Beneath a rock "Here lies a Clown"

    Close your eyes and fall asleep
    Whilst you dream of cloudy sheep
    I'll find the coffin in your size
    To keep you safe from worms and flies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ghosts no longer lie below
      Referencing comments made long ago
      Going places they never aspired
      I've been so busy; I feel so tired

      If the time cannot be found
      To create words that will astound
      I'll shrug my shoulders - it's no surprise
      And manage to smile up to my eyes

      You'll write three - I only one
      They're moving slowly - watch me run
      Run out of time - I've things to do
      Held together by force and glue

      They jump the gun, and then the ship
      I'll spin and twirl and get a grip
      On the aspirations tied 'round my throat
      And fashion them into the words I wrote

      Delete