Sunday, December 24, 2017

Life That Did Die

I'm wasting time skipping pages
Skimming through the ages
Once upon a time - the end
Once upon an enemy - a friend
Once upon a nightmare - a dream
Once upon a loner - a team

Duos that didn't
Present days gone and went
Tired eyes that rested
Free birds that nested
Seas that ran dry
Life that did die

Life that did die?
And then the question why
Five stages, feels like more
Banging on a forever shut door
Crying out to the world
Under my blanket you'll find me, in a fetal position curled

We wasted so much time
Didn't think it such a crime
Didn't think it such a waste
Didn't yet have a taste
Of a life said and done
Darling, we should have run

You can't outrun death, they say
But you can run during life, night and day
Not letting the skimmed pages pile
Making it all worth while
Running for today and tomorrow
Because if tomorrow will ever come - you don't always know 

6 comments:

  1. I've escaped Death
    Outrun my final Breath
    Even so I lost my Heart
    When she ripped it apart

    My heart is now Black
    I've stopped looking Back
    I'm as cold as the stone
    In this darkness I'm alone

    Then I found you when I met you
    Your words were very sweet
    Have I met you? Do I know you?
    When did we meet?

    Jamesparkisdead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Sorry, I haven't got time to rhyme this one :P)
      I do believe you've written more on my blog than you have on your own... I quite like this one, and the first one you posted on my "And If"; why do you write them here instead of on your blog? I'd think more people would see them if they weren't in the comments section

      Delete
    2. I'm a poet and a writer and I've written plenty for myself and plenty more for other people. I haven't posted these poems on my own sites because that's not why I've written them. It's new to me to be homeschooled, though to be honest, my sister is taking my absence even harder than me. Our rhyming game has been a welcome distraction from my fears and loneliness. I hope you don't mind my poems too much, though I'll try to slow them a bit down.

      Delete
    3. I'm fascinated by you. Will you forgive me if I dive deep into your past and read the astounding 12 posts you manage to write in April 2015?

      Delete
    4. I posted them in public, so they are yours to see
      But they are old, so I can't promise good quality
      I am not a sideshow attraction; I'm not meant to fascinate
      But I'm pleased that my poems are something you can appreciate
      I'm alone most of the time, but I view it as no curse
      It allows me to know myself; without it I wouldn't have written anywhere near this much verse
      I don't too much mind, but write once or twice and let me reply
      Instead of spreading your comments like numerous stars in the sky

      Delete