Sunday, June 11, 2017

Homograghs Of Life

Tears [water] behind the smile
Tears [rips] inside my heart
Tears shed in secret
Tearing me apart

I feel so alone
In the desert [sand] of my mind
How could you desert [abandon] me?
Combing through the sand, there's nothing to find

I signed a contract [paper] with the devil
That contracts [shrinks] my soul
I signed a contract with the devil
That's turned my resolve to coal

But I object [protest] against their worry
And I deny my [water] tears
Don't treat me like an object [thing]
Made only of pain and fears

I refuse [reject] your hand -
I need no pity from you
Your words are refuse [garbage]
There's nothing you need do

I won't present [display] to you my heart
It's not a present [gift] I will be giving
I loved you in the past
The present [now] is where I am living

I've wound [turned] the clock again
I've erased these wounds [hurt] of mine
So now let me forget you
So I can be fine

The wind [breeze] tousles me hair
While the stars wind [turn] behind my eyes
The muscles open your mouth
And out march the lies

Be gone, cupid's bow!
I bow [kneel] to you no more
Yes, once you were close [near] to me
But now it's time to close [shut] that door

You have no right to tear [rip] me up again
And I will let my eyes tear [cry] no longer
Tears were necessary for the time being
But now it's time to be stronger

2 comments: