Saturday, March 25, 2017

2 Years And Counting

1 day and counting
2 days gone by
3 days trying
4 days, oh my
5 days working
6 days no play
7 marks a week
And we mark our 8th day

1 week and counting
2 weeks I write
3 weeks, oh joy
4 weeks no fight

1 month finished
2 months done
3 months striving
4 months no fun
5 months pleading
6 months I dream
7 months hoping
8 months I scream
9 months I whisper
10 months I shout
11 months I question
12 and I must take 1 foot out

1 whole year of thoughts
Of word upon word
So can you really blame me
For wondering if I'm heard?
Because this day marks
A whole two years
Of hopes and dreams
Worries and fears
Of fiction and truth
And some things in between
Of laughter and tears
And figuring out what I mean

2 years and counting
Will you stay and count with me?
For 3, 4, 5, 6 . . .
Until the end of my eternity

2 comments:

  1. woe, I like your blog!!! beautiful...... now what is this poem about? I feel like it is something very important but I don't know what. blessings upon you. Voo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much; I'm glad you like it! The poem is about my blogs 2 year anniversary and my hope that I have many more anniversaries to come :)

      Delete