Monday, September 21, 2015

Ticket

I was made to worry and fret
I was made to work and sweat
I was made to run and hide
I was made to listen while they lied
I was made for so much more
Than to be a servant who opens the door
I'm made for more than what they've made me to be
I'm made for the world but they've imprisoned me

They made and forced me to run away
They made and taught me not to stay
They made and whipped me so I'd work
They made and scared me about the things that lurk
You made and created me to stand up and fight
You're there and protect me all through the night
You made and taught me how to work so I'd live
You made and taught me how to give

They chased after me so I had to hide
They faked a smile while they lied
They laughed as I started to sweat
They laugh whenever I start to fret
You found and comforted me, you dried my tears
You made me strong so that I might stand up to my fears
You told me not to heed their words, whether insult or flatter
You told me that their opinions about me didn't matter

They lie and abuse me, but You're my ticket out
They try to silence me, but You gave me a voice that can shout
I can object, and I can choose when to go or stay
Because You're always going to be there, come what may
So I don't have to worry or fret or strife
Because every single second of every single day You breathe into me the breath of life
And if You stopped for just one moment
I would become nonexistent

The fact that I have lived and keep on living
Is proof that You believe my life is worth giving
And You give it every single second, willingly
Because I am worth while.  Because you love me.

1 comment: