Tuesday, June 23, 2015

With All My Heart

You used to grab my hands and spin me around
Throw me up high above the ground
Read me books when I went to bed
Tell me all about my smart head
Cuddle me when I was scared at night
Kiss me on the head and turn off the light
Make me laugh and smile
Help me make pillows into a fort-ish pile
Make believe all sorts of things
About aliens, super heroes, witches, and kings

Well now I'm grown and that all went away
But I remember it all to this very day
Remember when you taught me to ride a bike
Remember helping you make breakfast and the like
Remember when you taught me to read
And while we were playing let me lead
Helped me with homework and such
You gave me so very much
For so many years
Through smiles and through tears
We've hit a few rough patches I know
Nothing so drastic as a tale of woe
But I have made many mistakes, it's true
I had stupid boyfriends and got a stupid tattoo
But you always stuck by my side
Even when I shouted and cried
Even when I said I hated you
You always knew just what to do

You were always there
You were always offering love and care
So thank you, with all of my heart
Because you were always there to help when it got broken apart

No comments:

Post a Comment