Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Reason To Bow

I have a question
About a certain frustration
You bring to me
By bringing death to everybody
I don't quite understand
Why both life and death come with your hand
Why give us life just to have us die?
Why bring so much sadness?  Why?

You create life and light and beauty
So why add death and darkness and cruelty?
You bring love and joy and laughter
So why can't we all live happily ever after?
Why the sadness and tears and frustration?
Why make us all want to quit and take a vacation?
Why add lies and deceit and flatter?
Why not hand us our lives on a silver platter?

So what if we wouldn't appreciate life as much?
So what if to happy memories we wouldn't clutch?
So what if we'd take it all for granted
So long as we could live a life enchanted?
Maybe we wouldn't be truly happy since we wouldn't know sadness
Maybe everything would turn bland, even our gladness
Maybe we wouldn't care about new life because we wouldn't know death
Maybe we'd waste our days away since we'd never take a last breath

Would it be worth it
Or because we could always try again later we'd always quit?
Would we have a better fate
To not die but live forever in a meandering state?
Everyone's so scared of dying, of death
But me . . . I don't care when comes my last breath
But I don't want to lose others, don't want anyone else to die
Don't want any more reasons to worry or cry

People die and yet life goes on
The sun will rise, even when we're all gone
Everyone must die someday
And I suppose that's okay
Because I'll cherish those around me, knowing they won't always be there
Someday they'll be gone, so I have more reasons to care
Because isn't death the reason we live?
Sort of like how the lack of things is the reason we give?
If plays lasted forever why would anyone have reason to bow?
Like if we lived forever . . . why would we do anything now?

8 comments:

  1. Wow. This is very good. I had a conversation with a friend of mine about living forever and we touched on many of these points. I like what you have written here, it touches on many of the questions we all come across in our brief existence here on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Celora!!! WOW- I love it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great rhyming and theme! Just brush it up a bit on the cadence of the verse. It's poetry, not rapping, so you have a little bit less room on the cadence of the verse. In rapping, since you're the one doing it, you can stretch the cadence a bit. But with poetry someone else is reading it so you have to write it in a way that will force the reader to read it the way you want them to read it. Besides cadence, it's really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your input; I'll try for better cadence in my next one :)

      Delete