Monday, September 7, 2015

The Ups And Downs Of Coasting

Wind whistles in my ears
My heart explodes with fears
I scream at the top of my voice
And begin to question my choice
Of ever getting on this ride
Everyone said it was fun, but surely they've lied
My stomach lodges itself in my throat
This ride would be impossible to sugar coat
My chest feels like it may erupt
Then the ride stops, rather abrupt
I shakily raise to my feet
Listening to my pounding heartbeat
And then suddenly I smile, surprised to find
I'm happy; surely I've lost my mind
Because now, looking back, the ride was fun
And I really want to try an even bigger one

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its an extraordinary and awesome poem. Keep on writing such wonderful poems.

    ReplyDelete