Monday, November 23, 2015

A Fool's Lies

Something changed inside
You often got angry and even more often lied
Something flip-flopped
My heart got chopped
Into tiny little pieces
And now there's no way to smooth out the creases
Something was demolished
And the things that were once polished
Became cracked and worn
The skin became torn
The hair became gray
The teeth fell away
The back became bent
The stomach a dent
The eyes became sunken
The words that of a drunken
The only sound that of bickering
You've turned completely sickening

And yet . . . weren't you always this way?
And I've just not been able to see it until today?
You put on a mask and gave me a show
How was I to know
That it was all a lie
When you looked me straight in the eye
And said you'd love me forever?
And here I was thinking I was clever
Yet I was fooled by so simple a trick
I really must be thick
To have ever trusted you
You're completely untrue
. . .Was any of it real?
Or does it appeal
To you to break my heart?
You were lying straight from the start

But now that's in the past
I've found you out at last
So now I suggest you go
Before I give you a show
Of a sickening affair
About how I'll rip out your hair
And break your back
You're teeth crack
Make you eat your own lies
Gouge out your eyes
Cut off your head
Laugh when your dead
Grind you up and take a bow
If you do not leave right NOW.

6 comments: