Sunday, September 25, 2016

My Soul Evoked

Come weep with the willows
And stand firm with the oaks
Come lay bare your soul
As nature evokes

Leaves fall like tears
As they die away
Their death brings us beauty
To behold here today

Blossoms give us fragrance
As they come in bloom
Beauty in a moment
Then they retire to their tomb

Stand firm, sweet willows
And weep, strong oaks
They shall lay bare their souls
As nature evokes

There is beauty in death
And beauty in life
But you may not see it
For it hides beneath tears and strife

It all seems a contradiction
This beauty hidden in tears
But courage comes only
When there are fears

So come weep and sing with the willows
Come stand firm and dance with the oaks
I shall lay bare my soul
As nature evokes

2 comments:

  1. A really well written poem Celora!! Well done :) You should be proud. I hope you are having an awesome day!! I love your extensive use of vocabulary.
    Bye!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lauren! And well done to you too; your Monday Motivation post was really good, and your blog always manages to make me smile :)
      Hope you're having an awesome day as well!

      Delete