Sunday, October 9, 2016

Choosing Okay

You can try to change me
You can try to hurt me
You can try to pull everything away

You can try to shake me
Maybe even break me
But here is where I stay

You can try to knock me down
You can try to make me frown
But I'm not leaving here today

You can turn against me the whole town
In my tears try to make me drown
But I'll still be okay


Because I'm bulletproof
Maybe a bit too aloof
And you can go ahead and try to make me pay

But you can't make me goof
My heart is shatterproof
And I won't die down and lay

Not gonna lay down and die
Not gonna let you make me cry
You can't ruin my day

I'm made of thicker stuff, no lie
You can go ahead and deny
But I think you know - You can't make my sky gray


You can pull everything apart
Maybe even break my heart
But I decide what I do here today

You can shoot me with poison dart
But your hateful words can't make me depart
Unless I don't act the best way

I will decide
Whether I give in to hate or pride
You don't choose what I say

In my life I have lied
And, oh, how I've cried
But right now in this moment - I choose to be okay

2 comments:

  1. Awesome piece of poetry Celora!! Very motivational. I really like what you are doing at the moment. Talking about quite deep things in your writing is quite a challenge. Sometimes I choose to be okay at the hardest of times just to appear okay. I just posted a Mental Illness post which you may like. I did a survey around a few of my friends. :)
    Lauren x
    laurelella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I'm glad you like it.
      Your Mental Illness post was very good, and I agree completely with what you're saying in it. Keep up the good work :)

      Delete