Sunday, September 11, 2016

Life's Scale

I'm chasing after fame
Stuck playing this stupid, stupid game
It all feels the same
The world is trying to maim
My heart, which they cannot tame

This world is ripping me apart
Tempting me with poison tart
Trying to tame my lion heart
I can't end it, can't even start

No one is truly my friend
I can't find the end
Can't find a way to heal, to mend

Is any of this real?
Or, if I tried, would it all just rip away, just peal?

I don't know how to stop my life from fraying

It all falls away with a single blow
And I have nowhere left to go

None of it is fair
Why does no one ever care?
Can I get away, if I dare?

I have no reason to stay
Nothing ever goes my way
And I'm just not okay
I feel I die some every day

I wish I could just fly
Get away from everything that makes me cry
If it means my happiness, then it's worth a try
The life written for me I can defy
These fraying ends I will learn to tie

2 comments:

  1. Hiya!
    A very emotional poem Celora. Very well written. I can relate to this sometimes. We can always feel like this sometimes. I desperately want to get away from everything that makes me cry but sometimes that it a part of life we have to learn to deal with. This portrays depression quite well and it is quite truthful and goes deep. Keep smiling and stay strong.
    Hope you are having a lovely day!
    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words of praise and encouragement; they are, as always, very appreciated :) Hope you have a lovely day as well!

      Delete