Monday, January 25, 2016

Come What May

And will you still love me come summer time?
When spring has left, taking its beauty and rhyme
I need to know that through it all you'll stay
I need to know that you won't go away
When the hot days come and the season of love ends
Will you stay or will we have to part as friends?

And will you still love me come autumn day?
When clouds cover the sun and the leaves fall away
I need to know that for me you'll fight
I need to know everything will turn out all right
When the long days of summer have taken our leisurely hours and run
Will you stay with me?  Can we be one?

And will you still love me come the cold winter hours?
When the ground is covered and no longer flowers
Will you always love me, come what may?
Do you promise never to leave me?  Will you always stay?
When the beauty of autumn is covered in snow
Will you promise me or will you have to go?

And will you still love me come next spring?
When the cold has gone and flowers are king
I need you to promise you'll always be true
I need to be able to rely on you
When beautiful birds whistle the day away
Will you still love me?  Will you still stay?

6 comments:

  1. Really good Celora! I must say that I feel so gud to have a friend like u. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely poem Celora! I cannot believe it is nearly February!
    Lauren x
    www.laurelella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete