Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pulse

I know a little girl
Who likes to run
And I wonder why
She thinks it's so fun
Is it the feel of the wind
On her porcelain face?
Or does she like to see the world?
Is that the case?
See the world flash by
In the blink of an eye
Does she like it at all?
I wonder why
She would run
And wonder what's
Inside her head
And why she shuts
Everything away
And everyone out
Does she run
Run away and shout?
Or does she run
Run away and cry?
And I wonder if
When I die
She'll still be running
And if she's running away
From something
And that's why she can't stay
Or if she's running towards
Something she's looking for
And I hope someday
She won't have to run anymore

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. Just beautiful. I love the last line.
    www.cascadesofdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete