Friday, March 27, 2015

Maybe Love

Inside me is turning
But I'm only just learning
About the cold burning
Of love

Inside me I feel
Like this is for real
But am I just the next meal
Of loves?

Has love come to eat me away?
Come to make me pay?
But I think that it really may
Be love

I'm being disarmed
I feel so alarmed
Because I've been charmed
By love

I feel like you care
Like you'll always be there
But is it just the sweet air
Of love?

I liked it better when I was a child
When everything was mild
And I didn't get wild
From love

I don't want my heart
Broken apart
Oh, why did I ever start
With love?


But there's always that burning
That good - bad turning
Am I truly learning
To love?

I'm starting to feel
Like I'm not just a meal
Like this is for real
This love

But what if one day
You make me pay
And this all goes away
This love?

I'm very alarmed
Can't let myself be disarmed
Don't want to be charmed
By love

I see you standing there
And I want to believe that you care
I'm starting to like the air
Of love

I halfway want things to be mild
And halfway want them to be wild
Because I'm just a child
In love

You've stolen my heart
Please don't break it apart
I'm letting myself start
To love

No comments:

Post a Comment