Sunday, August 8, 2021

Apocryphal Probity

Maybe I care too much and 
Maybe I don't care enough
Maybe it's worth the effort and 
Maybe it shouldn't be this tough 

It's always such a struggle but
Things worth having are
Isn't that the way it works?
Clinging to each wished on star

I don't know what we're doing here
I don't know what to think
I worry it'll all disappear 
If I so much as blink

Maybe I'm tired of trying and
Maybe you are too
Maybe it isn't meant to be and
Maybe I don't really need you

It was so much simpler before but
I tell myself this is what I need
I could wash it all away but
Hearts are made to bleed

I don't know why I force it and
I don't know what to feel
I worry I'm much too vulnerable 
If I let myself be real 

Maybe it's all a fiction and
Maybe I'm just a lie
Maybe I'm just dreading the moment when
You inevitably say goodbye

It's always so confusing but
Things worth knowing are
I tell myself it can't hurt but
I still feel every scar

I don't know what to make of it
I don't know who to be
But maybe it's high time that
I let myself be me

No comments:

Post a Comment