Thursday, March 25, 2021

Senary Scenery

Once more, I will, I know -
Reach the end of the dawn I come back to
Before that, how much further can we go?
What more can I do
With all these vast skies
And thoughts that never crystallize?
All the aspirations tied round my throat
All the changing scenery -
I'll get a grip - hold them tightly
And fashion them into the words I wrote

How remarkably strange
Is a life that is ordinary?
How much can I change
With a line that is quaternary?
And I've taken every blow
And tried my best to grow
In all the areas I most lack
Though castles in the air crumble on my head
And no one will remember a thing I said
After all, it's no skin off my back

And just how long has it been?
Two years and counting, all the way to six
Lost in a game I can't ever win
In so many days it ought to transfix 
And what will these thousands bring?
I doubt it'll ever amount to anything
But a loosening of lumps inside my throat
And a calming of my mind and heart
But still - I would never part
With these six years worth of words that I wrote

I'll reach the end - I'll begin again
The sun shall rise, and always set
It shall ease joy and pain 
From memories I won't forget
Because how could I with all of these -
Lines and verses that make time freeze?
In these moments of time I return to
Of past selves and sceneries lost
In these vast skies in which I'm tossed
I'll greet the dawn - what more can I do?

1 comment: