Sunday, February 28, 2021

Morning Dreamer

Maybe I could change it
Or pretend I'm not me
Naturally, forget 

Cast my gaze to the sea
Or perhaps to the sky
Everyone asks why
Until I concede 
Rambling on about it still 

Battering and bruising my will
And my heart may bleed
Till I wake one bland day 

Like one from a cocoon
And life will start to weigh 

Calloused and lonely moon
Had to please everyone
And let go of the sun
Maybe I could change
And chase after what I desire 
Dreaming always of that fire
Escape pressures range 

Pulled back to the morning
Or to a flaming dream
Until they give warning
Rush away from each beam 

Told what to be and do
Oh, if I could be you
I'd choose to be a morning dreamer - it's true

1 comment:

  1. Acrostic: Mon coeur bat la chamade pour toi. French for "My heart beats for you". I think I got it from a Bronte novel, possibly Jane Eyre

    ReplyDelete