Sunday, March 3, 2019

Contrary Soliloquy

Is this what you want?
Spare time and stability
Do you know who I am?
You're giving up so easily

We worked so hard
They'll smother you in your sleep
Floating down gently
And cutting so deep

Toss and turn all you like
Old dreams wont be shed
Crack open my skull
Dig them out of my head


Another year slipped through my fingers
Still nothing to show
Another year chopped from your life
Trying hard to grow

We're still just a child
Can't we continue chasing dreams?
You're mellowing out
While I work in extremes

Some said I'd go places
Now you're leaving me behind
I'll search for hidden valuables
And admire what you find


Because you never asked for this -
The end of your childhood
I knew it was coming
But never really understood

We can't continue together
Yet you just can't smother me
A constant fight
Dreams vs stability

So have you found what you want?
Do you know who you are?
I'll fade into the background
And watch you go far

1 comment: