Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Seeds

In time, what will matter -
With time, what has changed
Instances just scatter
Long hours all estranged 
Left gathering all that isn’t here
Like the hair behind my ear -
One more year to tuck away
Vigilantly, though I know
Each hour will always show
Years compile in every day

One more time, let us find what matters -
Undertake impossible tasks
Life is full of all that shatters
Indeed, both hearts and masks
Kept putting them back together
Evading such stormy weather 
Try to unlearn all these things -
How to live just to appease 
Eat your heart out, drink the breeze
Pull and cut these worn out strings

All this time, this is what mattered -
Scattering seeds to watch them grow
Softly repairing all that’s tattered 
I’ll stop to watch the sky glow 
Not to fret over time we waste
Gazing at things we never faced
Time continues either way -
I'll gather it here around me
Marching on to twenty-three
Eternity compiling every day

No comments:

Post a Comment