Monday, March 25, 2024

Noting Nonary

If I get lost amidst the details
Fade into the atmosphere 
If all that’s left is background noise
You can always find me here

Lying between the sheets
Caressing reverie 
Tangled in fabrication
Weaving the world around me

Such a strange set of armor
With gaping holes and pinching seams 
And nine years of corrosion 
Caused by stagnant dreams

If I get stuck in all the synonyms 
And the endless march of time
If all that’s left is twisted words
We can find clarity in rhyme 

Riffling through these sheets of paper
Lies and truths snuck in between  
The years are marked in paper cuts
And spilled ink I can’t scrub clean

Such a strange bed to lie in
Full of every comfort and every tear
And nine years of cultivation 
For I've always found me here

No comments:

Post a Comment