Sunday, September 19, 2021

A Moment

If I take a moment to
Speak from my heart
Could I make it all make sense
Or would it all just fall apart?

And if the words come spilling out -
Tell me, would you mind?
Because, darling, I'll tell you everything
If you promise to be kind

But those feel like recycled words
And I've been through this all before
The water's nice till we drown
And are left stranded back on shore

I can't let go and can't hold on 
Above all can't get it through
My head that maybe this time it won't
Hurt to trust you

And if I take a moment to
Think about it all
Would you pause here with me
Or would it all begin to fall?

And will the words ever come -
When will you let me know
Where it is we're flying to
And just how far we'll go?

But those feel like borrowed words 
Are we on borrowed time?
Or is this all entirely new -
Is trying such a crime?

Yet I can't help but delete words
And hold things back, it's true
Still I can't help but write too much
And give every word to you

So as I take a moment to
Hold my breath awhile
You'll write too much and just enough
To release it with a smile

No comments:

Post a Comment