Sunday, October 11, 2020

As For Me

The lonely in-between 
For those who never quite belong
In this place or the other
It all feels slightly wrong

As for me, all I want
When it all boils away
Is consistency in myself
And for everything to be okay

But myself, it denies me
Such simplicity of life
And life, it refuses
To be without strife

In between who I am
And what it is you see
Is the idea that I act
The way I think you see me

And I like me the most
When seen through your eyes
Are they rose-colored still?
Have I lost my disguise?

As for me, all I have
At the end of the day
Is a million racing thoughts
And not a whole lot to say

In this in-between
Where it's not one thing nor the other
Your smile means nothing to me
But I'm dying to see another

And nobody quite fits
Not one is like the rest
And no one knows the truth
After everything I've confessed 

It's all ambiguous and vague
Because nothing's absolute
We're all unique and yet the same
So very fickle and resolute 

As for me, I'm in the in-between
Where all of us reside
I'm not quite sure where we're going
But I'll enjoy the ride

No comments:

Post a Comment