Sunday, April 3, 2016

Swallowed Bliss

Words flow forth
From her lips
He slams the door
And the scale tips

Words and words
Harsh stern voices
Stumble on
Too many choices

Everyone's talking
Nobody's listening
Nobody sees
That my eyes are glistening

Meaningless words
Frugal action
Bumping along
So much traction

She held her tongue
For too long
Could hold it no longer
And the words burst forth wrong

Listen to me!
Listen please
But her words blow away
In the breeze

Listen now!
He'll say in frustration
But from listening
She'll take a vacation

Words go on
And then they split
Of the good times
They forget

I live with her
On the weekend with him
I try to talk
But can't get through to them

He finds someone else
And I know she'll follow
The words stick in my throat
Until I give up and swallow

Maybe someday
They'll get back together again
Maybe someday
We all can win

Maybe someday
I'll go to him and by her be followed
Maybe someday
My words won't have to be swallowed

6 comments:

  1. thank you appreciate this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poem......Celora...
    Keep up the nice work... :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A saddening poem about parents splitting up. Well written showing true emotion. Have a nice day. :)

    ReplyDelete