Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Salt

Salt water rain
Full of sorrow and pain
Pouring down from my blurry eyes
Because everyone's so full of lies

Salt water droplets
Coming from my eye sockets
Slow and grieving
Because everyone's thieving

Salt water tears
Laced with betrayal and fears
Running down my cold face
Because they left without a trace

Salt water down pour
Feelings of anger and more
Rushing down from my eyes of ice
Because everyone's greed they had to suffice

Salt water smile
Because I'm afraid to stand up to the vile
So hide my sorrow
Maybe they'll leave me alone tomorrow

Salt water lake
Because they took all there was to take
And left me alone to fight
And I am not all right

Salt water friend
Because my happiness was at its end
So you try to cheer me up
With coffee and a cup

Salt water lightning
Because it's all quite frightening
But also so grand
When you hold my hand

Salt water thunder
Full of hope and wonder
As I look into your kind face
Gone are my worries without a trace

No comments:

Post a Comment